This intensive yoga teacher training begins with a deeper look at the anatomy and function of the spine as a basis for learning to support the individual. We will examine common injuries and common dysfunction, looking at cervical, thoracic, lumbar, SI joint, scoliosis and pelvic asymmetries alongside an exploration of how to therapeutically support these issues. We will also examine range of motion and how to evaluate this on your students while taking into consideration the importance of individual variances. You will learn how to work with and troubleshoot a variety of techniques in your own practice as well as with your students.
With this information in mind, we will explore approaches to work with and support the individual in front of you. Review sessions along the way will help you integrate the information, so you leave with a deeper understanding that you can immediately apply to your teaching and personal practice by more thoroughly understanding the function of the spine.
Here are the main topics that we will cover during the Spine: Anatomy, Dysfunction, and Application Yoga Teacher Training:
- Spine Overview - Structures & Function
- Anatomy & Dysfunction
- Spine Range of Motion & Mobility Practices
- Common Injuries & Injury Prevention
- Evaluation for the Spine
- Working with the Cervical Spine
- Working with the Thoracic Spine
- Working with the Lumbar Spine
- Working with the SI Joint
- Working with the Scoliosis
- Working with the Pelvic Asymmetries
- Working with Pain in a Yoga Setting
- Individualized Therapeutic Yoga Applications
- Group Yoga Class Applications
- Durability & Prevention Training
This yoga teacher training counts as 50 hours towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine certification. Directly following the yoga teacher training you will be invited to take an online exam to receive your certificate of completion.