This Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Yoga Teacher Training will provide you with a deep knowledge of TCM concepts as it applies to a yoga practice. We cover the foundations of Chinese Medicine theory to help you understand your student’s unique needs and how you can use this information to individualize your classes to make your work more effective.
You’ll learn Chinese Medicine five-element theory, yin and yang theory, meridian theory and the differentiation of the organs as it applies specifically to yoga. You’ll dig deeper to examine common conditions and differential diagnosis in Chinese Medicine. You’ll learn potent acupressure points and their integration in a yoga practice and a wealth of applications to a therapeutic practice.
This is one of our foundational courses and we believe it provides critical information on how to work one-on-one with students in a way that supports their unique body and mind. This training is a game changer for group and private classes and will forever change the way you teach.
- Yin/Yang Theory and the 8 principles of diagnosis
- Meridian Theory, locations and application to yoga practices
- The 5 elements and their therapeutic applications
- The application of TCM principles to common dysfunctions and the ability to brainstorm uncommon/unknown issues
- How to modify practices and techniques to suit the individual
- The main acupressure points and their uses
- How to incorporate TCM applications within a yoga setting
- How to create group class sequences around TCM themes
- How to conduct an intake, come up with an assessment and develop a yoga plan based on that to support the individual
This yoga teacher training counts as 24 hours towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine certification. Directly following the yoga teacher training you will be invited to take an online exam to receive your certificate of completion.