Tiffany Cruikshank has created this course to give you a foundation in TCM so that you can more skillfully navigate the fluctuations of your life — both on and off your yoga mat.
This course is a great introduction to the foundations of TCM for yoga teachers, yoga students, or anyone interested in applying the principles of TCM into their life. You’ll walk away with tools you can use immediately — in your own practice or in the classes that you teach. The principles you learn will help you build sequences that support your (and your students’) well-being.
In this course you’ll learn:
- The building blocks of TCM, including yin/yang theory, the five elements, meridian theory, and the eight principles.
- About each element and how it can inform your yoga practice and teaching.
- The foundations of TCM energetics including the different types of qi and the meridian system.
- How TCM defines different pathologies and disharmonies and how they affect the body.
- About the physical, mental, and social indicators of deficiency and excess to give you further insight about how to find balance.
Plus, you’ll get:
- Bonus reviews of each element to help you test your knowledge before the quizzes and final test.
- A box of 90+ flash cards that you can use to study each element at home.
- An eBook with a yoga sequence for the metal element.
- 5 online study hours that can be applied towards your 500-hour certification with Yoga Medicine.
- After completing this TCM training and passing your final online exam, you’ll get a certification from Yoga International. Please send a copy of your certificate to email@example.com to apply your 5-hours of online study hours towards your 500-hour certification with Yoga Medicine.
- Lifetime access to all of this content, and study at your own pace. Come back and reference it anytime to support your practice and teaching!
This course is hosted by Yoga International. The following link will take you directly to this course on the Yoga International website for additional information and registration.