Welcome to your Yoga Medicine Innovation Conference Online Portal!
We are so excited to have you with us for the Yoga Medicine Innovation Conference this year! This virtual conference will focus on innovative new techniques and research-informed approaches to yoga therapeutics, along with new adaptations of traditional practices for modern issues. Showcasing our experienced teachers and specialists (in healthcare, research and yoga), each presenter will share their research, experience and yoga techniques related to specific issues or demographics in their field of expertise with applications to therapeutic yoga.
We created this conference to bring a high level of expertise and knowledge in various fields to the yoga world from our experienced teachers, researchers, PhD’s and healthcare providers. Our purpose with this conference is to educate and inspire teachers around the globe with specialized therapeutic information they can use with their students right away.
Monday, August 7th
- 9am PST – Katja Bartsch, BSc, BCSI, E-RYT 500: Light on Biomechanics – Research-Based Insights on Tissue Stiffness
- 10am PST – Mariya Farooqi, PharmD, RYT: Managing Diabetes through Yoga
- 11am PST – Lisa Ash Drackert, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist: Updating Vestibular Rehabilitation Protocols with Yoga Therapeutics
- 3pm PST – Monisha Bhanote, MD, FCAP, ABOIM, YMTS: Yoga for Gut Health – Cultivating Digestive Harmony through Mind-Body Practices
- 4pm PST – Valerie Knopik, PhD, YACEP: Research Roundup: The Bi-Directional Microbiota-Gut-Brain (MGB) Axis & Mental Health
- 5pm PST – Tiffany Pridgen, MS, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist, E-RYT 500, YACEP: Yoga Therapeutics to Support the Enteric Nervous System
Tuesday, August 8th
- 9am PST – Charlotte Johnson & Firdose Moonda, E-RYT 500: When Bodies Remember – De-Colonization in the Practice & Application of Yoga
- 10am PST – Aisha Fakhro, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist, YACEP, LAPHP, LNRPC: An Invitation into Safety – Teaching from a Polyvagal-Informed Perspective
- 11am PST – Nicole McKenna, PhD: First Responder & Veteran Yoga for Post-Traumatic Stress, Coping, & Anxiety
- 3pm PST – Daya Alexander Grant, PhD, MS: Using Yoga Philosophy as a Mental Conditioning Framework for Athletes
- 4pm PST – Alison Heilig, CPT, CES, E-RYT500 & Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist: From Intention to Action – How to Help Your Yoga Students Create Sustainable Habits
- 5pm PST – Margaret Smith, PhD, RYT-500, TCTSY-F: Yoga & Team Cohesion – Athletes, Team Building, & Our Social Nervous Systems
Wednesday, August 9th
- 9am PST – Melissa Oleson, DPT, RYT, CDNT, INHC: Revitalizing the Core – Exploring the Dynamic Interplay of the Feet, Hips, & Spine on Pelvic Health
- 10am PST – Marnie Hartman, DPT, CSCS, RYT: From Pain to Practice to Life – An Atlas to Help Navigate the Use of Yoga in Therapeutic Care
- 3pm PST – Shannon Reilly, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist: The Power of Yoga for the Neurodiverse
- 4pm PST – Sandy Raper, E-RYT 500, RYS, YACEP, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist, Podcast Host, Author: Integrating Brain Science into the Way We Teach Yoga Classes
- 5pm PST – Sava Papos, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist & Simone Berzen, APA Pain Physiotherapist: Navigating the Act of Balance
Thursday, August 10th
- 9am PST – Rashmi Bismark, MD, MPH: A Mindful Self-Care Course for Cancer Patients, Survivors, & Caregivers
- 10am PST – Steph Wall & Rashmi Bismark, MD, MPH: Rituals & Yoga
- 11am PST – Kat Fowler: Energetic Boundaries for Yoga Teachers
- 3pm PST – Caroline Wybar, 1000-Hour Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist, E-RYT 500: Using Yoga Nidra to Enhance Creativity
- 4pm PST – Kylie Rook, ERYT-500 YACEP, Yoga Medicine Therapeutic Specialist: Parkinson’s – Is It a Looming Crisis, & How Could Yoga & Meditation Help?
This Innovation Conference will count as 23 hours of online education towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine certification. Directly following the conference you will be invited to take an online exam to receive your certificate of completion and course hours.Innovation Conference Presentation Details
Live Presentation Recordings
All live presentation recordings by our community experts have been posted below. Click the dropdown arrow in the video player below to toggle between the live session recordings. You will have access to watch them in the online portal for 45 days after the conference.
If you have any content questions, email them to Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.