200hr Yoga Teacher Training
Build a solid foundation from which to teach yoga as you deepen your own personal practice, refine your teaching strengths, and uncover your unique voice.
The Yoga Medicine® 200HR yoga teacher training provides a solid foundation to teach yoga and deepen one’s own personal practice. The focus of our 200HR yoga teacher trainings is to provide students with a sound knowledge of anatomy, alignment and adjustments. This foundation will serve as a powerful base from which to teach and guide your students through a practice that educates, inspires and heals.
The Yoga Medicine 200HR yoga teacher training is a Yoga-Alliance certified program that provides students with a powerful base in the technical, traditional, and business sides of yoga so they can begin teaching right away with clarity and confidence.
Students gain a thorough understanding of anatomy and alignment alongside yoga principles and philosophy to deliver strong group classes interweaving the physical and esoteric components of the practice.
- How to plan well-rounded vinyasa and alignment-based yoga classes based on applied anatomy, kinesiology, and therapeutic considerations
- Yoga history and philosophy, including origins and influences as well as the integration of present day science and research into the practice
- How to modify, assist and adjust with respect to each student’s individuality and uniqueness
- The tools and techniques to craft intelligent, creative sequences and effectively guide students through practices that educate, inspire, and heal
- How to hold space for inclusivity in yoga through your teaching style, marketing approach, and more
- Yoga ethics, PLUS best practices to show up with integrity and transparency and build students’ trust
- How to use props to better support students, as well as regress and progress the difficulty of yoga poses and movement
The Yoga Medicine 200HR training constitutes classroom hours in the following areas:
- 82 of practical techniques training, including asana sequencing, pranayama, meditation, and more
- 32 of teaching methodology
- 32 of anatomy, physiology, and biomechanics
- 32 of yoga history, philosophy, and ethics
- 22 of practicum
In addition to these hours, this training program also provides a powerful community experience during two in-person retreats.
Upon completion of this training, graduates will receive a certificate for 200 hours of study with Yoga Medicine and can register with Yoga Alliance as an RYT-200.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Application of Anatomy to Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Inspiring & Motivating Your Students
- Business & Ethics
- Observation & Practice Teaching
Pre-requisites & Application
A passion for continuous learning, as well as a minimum of two years of consistent practice (3-6 days per week). We carefully select our applicants so that we can work closely with our teachers to guarantee a high level of proficiency.