This Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) Yoga Teacher Training will provide you with a deep knowledge of TCM concepts as it applies to a yoga practice. We cover the foundations of Chinese Medicine theory to help you understand your student’s unique needs and how you can use this information to individualize your classes with them to make your work with them more effective.
You’ll learn Chinese Medicine five-element theory, yin and yang theory, meridian theory and the differentiation of the organs as it applies specifically to yoga. You’ll dig deeper to examine common conditions and differential diagnosis in Chinese Medicine. You’ll learn potent acupressure points and their integration in a yoga practice and a wealth of applications to a therapeutic practice.
This is one of our foundational courses and we believe it provides critical information on how to work one-on-one with students in a way that supports their unique body and mind. This longer format will incorporate case studies to help you integrate the information in a relevant and effective way to start using with your students right away. This training is a game changer for group and private classes and will forever change the way you teach.
You will complete this training with a deep understanding of:
- Yin/Yang Theory and the 8 principles of diagnosis
- Meridian Theory, locations and application to yoga practices
- The 5 elements and their therapeutic applications
- The application of TCM principles to common dysfunctions and the ability to brainstorm uncommon/unknown issues
- How to modify practices and techniques to suit the individual
- The main acupressure points and their uses
- How to incorporate TCM applications within a yoga setting
- How to create group class sequences around TCM themes
- How to conduct an intake, come up with an assessment and develop a yoga plan based on that to support the individual