- How to market yourself as a one-on-one yoga teacher by maximizing word-of-mouth.
- Online teaching options, from group classes to one-on-one sessions.
- Pricing considerations and logistics, including your booking and payment process, online platform options, and protocols to facilitate working online.
- How to run one-on-one sessions online, including how to prepare for your online first session, an overview of the intake process, and considerations for ongoing sessions and homework.
Teaching One-on-One Yoga Online Course
There has never been a better time to offer one-on-one yoga instruction online. Many of our communities are unable to access their usual health and wellness resources in person, but at the same time are keenly aware of the need for them. And while there’s plenty of yoga available online, it can be challenging for students managing an injury or medical condition to access practices that feel safe for them. But if you’re a yoga teacher new to offering one-on-one yoga sessions, it can be daunting to imagine starting the process with the added technical challenges of an online portal.
This course guides you through the process step by step, from marketing yourself as a credible teacher, to identifying what options you have to offer your teaching online, through addressing pricing and logistical concerns, to preparing for and running individual yoga sessions. We will look at how to conduct an initial intake and ongoing sessions, how to tailor your teaching to the virtual format, and how to craft effective homework. By the time you complete the course you’ll feel ready to offer one-on-one sessions online, helping your community take charge of their health and wellness.
- Pen and paper for notes; but remember, a downloadable handout comes with this course.
- No yoga props are needed for this course.
- Course length: nearly 2 hours of online lecture/training videos.
- There will not be any yoga practices or sequences within this online course.
- An informative course handout available for download.
- A course certificate after the successful completion of the online quiz.
- This course is eligible for 2 hours of continuing education hours with Yoga Medicine® and/or Yoga Alliance.
- This course is available on-demand and does not expire, so you can always return to practice and revisit the material to deepen your understanding over time.
- Feel comfortable harnessing word-of-mouth from friends, family, students and colleagues to effectively market yourself as a one-on-one yoga teacher.
- Identify a range of teaching options that you can offer your students online, from group classes to increasingly personalized sessions.
- Be confident with the process of offering one-on-one yoga sessions online, from start to finish: including addressing pricing and logistical issues, conducting an initial intake session, and running ongoing sessions with your students.
About The Teacher
Rachel Land has a Bachelor of Business majoring in Marketing, and began her working life in corporate marketing. These days she is a full-time yoga teacher, a Yoga Medicine® Therapeutic Specialist, and Yoga Alliance Continued Education Provider based in New Zealand. Her teaching is reputed for providing a dynamic mix of strength, stability, approachable anatomy, and humor throughout the classes she offers across the globe. Rachel is an active contributor to yoga publications including Yoga Journal, Yoga International, and Yoga Digest, and teaches in Yoga Medicine® 200hr and 500hr trainings.