ATTENDANCE & ACCREDITATION POLICY
Our Find a Teacher directory is a resource we’re working hard on to be able to provide the medical world and our global community a means to connect them with you, our teachers. Transparency is important to us and we want our directory to reflect the exact trainings you’ve completed with Yoga Medicine® so far. Having a high standard of training is also what sets Yoga Medicine® trained teachers apart from other yoga teachers. So in order to be transparent and honest about your completed trainings, we are incorporating the following attendance rules.
The following rules will apply to all Modules & Immersions:
- You will be required to sign in for every asana class and lecture.
- There will be an exam at the end of every Module & Immersion.
- In order to receive the certificate of completion and be listed on the website, you must (1) be present for the entire training and (2) pass the exam.
- Online Trainings: Please note that while there isn’t an attendance policy for online trainings, we hope that you will view all of the practice and lecture videos so you take full advantage of the content. Nonetheless, you will receive full credit upon successful completion of the online training.
- If you are present but are unable to attend due to sickness or other circumstances beyond your control, you can miss up to 10 hours of a Module or 2 hours of an Immersion. If you pass the exam, you will be listed in the directory as completing the Module/Immersion. However, you will only receive the number of hours you were present for.
- If you do not pass the exam or if you miss more than 10 hours of a Module or 2 hours of an Immersion, you will not be listed on the directory as having completed the training; but you will still receive the number of hours you were present for.
- When you complete your hours required for the 500HR, you will hand in all your case studies at once. Upon approval, we will send you your 500HR certificate.
- When you complete your hours required for the 1000HR, you will hand in your 1000HR Case Study Thesis. Upon approval, we will send you your 1000HR certificate.
We believe these rules will inspire all of us to continue raising the bar with our education and training as well as provide the best transparency to the medical world and our communities.