Sorry about the trouble in accessing your course! Our purchase confirmation emails can get caught in spam filters. We recommend adding firstname.lastname@example.org to your contact list which ensures that Yoga Medicine® emails land in your inbox. If you are still having trouble accessing your course, fill in the ‘Contact Us’ form and we will be back to you as soon as we can.
- The portal is a one-stop access to your purchased online courses, online quizzes for trainings, and important information on any upcoming Yoga Medicine® training that you’ve registered for. You may also connect with other Yoga Medicine® teachers through our online discussion boards.
- After logging into my.yogamedicine.com, the menu bar on the left-hand side will help you navigate through your account. The Courses tab will take you to the online courses you are currently enrolled in. Under My Account, you can update your information and view your trainings with Yoga Medicine®. The My Events tab will show any upcoming trainings you are registered for and will take you to the Event Hub with additional information about that training.
The Find a Teacher Directory is a free and transparent resource that showcases a teacher’s level of training. It is a tool for everyone to use – from Yoga Medicine® teachers finding a colleague from a previous training, to a client looking for a qualified local teacher, to an institution looking to launch a yoga program. This resource has instigated Yoga Medicine® teacher’s involvement in corporate yoga programs, medical studies, publishing articles, working with professional athletes, and much more. Only teachers who have trained with Yoga Medicine® are included in the directory.
After logging into my.yogamedicine.com, click on the My Account tab on the left-hand menu bar. From here, under Update Your Account you can update your teacher directory listing by clicking Update Your Profile. If you have any questions, please fill in the ‘Contact Us’ form and we will assist you in updating your profile.
By training with Yoga Medicine® you will receive a top quality yoga education with tools to help you network and build your professional profile. After completing any one of our three certification programs (200HR, 500HR, 1000HR) or completing a training of 20+ hours with Yoga Medicine®, you will be added to the Find a Teacher Directory – a resource used by people seeking high-calibre yoga teachers for opportunities ranging from private sessions to joining holistic wellness programs. Our teachers have been approached to join medical studies, corporate yoga, publishing articles, building therapeutic programs for professional athletes, and much more.
- Yoga Medicine®’s teaching faculty has a breadth of experience teaching in their communities – locally and globally. They each have their own areas of expertise from their careers on and off the yoga mat, plus a wealth of information that they gained by training directly with our founder, Tiffany Cruikshank.
- Our program has stood the test of time, and its longevity speaks volumes on its own. Tiffany Cruikshank built the 200HR curriculum before YTTs were widely available, and over the decades she has continuously refined the content. We continuously raise our own bar!
- The program’s three-part format was developed to ensure participants have ample opportunity to digest the information they learn and apply it to their own practice. Both weeks are intensive, and you’ll be presented with an array of new concepts, so don’t think it is a breeze! But if you are up to the challenge, you’ll take the knowledge from Week 1, spend 4-5 months reviewing and applying the concepts in your homework, then come back for Week 2 ready with a stronger practice and a solid footing on all the key concepts from the curriculum.
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Application of Anatomy to Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Inspiring and Motivating Your Students
- Business and Ethics
- Observation and Practice Teaching
- The Yoga Medicine® 200HR teacher training is designed for the dedicated student who would like to start teaching yoga and anyone who would like to deepen their knowledge and personal practice. We designed this program to allow for greater flexibility for individuals with careers and families by offering two separate week-long trainings with online coursework in between. The accessible content keeps you engaged in the training once you return to your regular schedule and you receive a powerful community experience while immersed in the two retreat weeks.
- Yoga Medicine®’s curriculum is created with a sound knowledge of anatomy, alignment, and adjustments. This foundation will serve as a powerful base from which to teach and guide your students through a practice that educates, inspires, and heals. Since each person finds their own unique calling within yoga, our program encourages a creative focus to unlock each student’s individual potential. There is no script or set sequence to memorize, just your own unique voice that will grow with confidence as a certified yoga teacher.
- Click here for more information on the 200HR program.
Absolutely! The 200HR training is geared towards anatomical novices. If you have an anatomy or medical background, then this review will still shed new light on anatomy through a yoga lens.
You are ready to start on your journey to become a teacher if you have a love for yoga, the curiosity to learn more, and the desire to share what you love about yoga with others. All the rest is exactly what this 200HR yoga teacher training program will show you! You’ll learn key points for each asana, how to give safe adjustments and modifications, how to cue others through a sequence, instructions for communicating with a wide audience, and how to ground your personal practice so you teach from what you know in your body.
Yoga Medicine® is not a style of yoga but rather a training that educates the teacher to understand the body and create individualized yoga programs for the student based on their understanding of the anatomy, biomechanics, physiology, and the traditional practice of yoga. We have participants from all schools of yoga find that our trainings help deepen their knowledge of asana and the body in a way that translates effectively to their own yoga methodology. In the 200HR, the practices will be a mix of hatha vinyasa intermingled with therapeutics and restorative practices.
- The cost of the 200HR is based on location and room accommodation.
- For a 200HR training, your tuition includes both training weeks, accommodations, and 3 healthy meals per day. Airfare and transportation to/from the retreat center are not included. We highly recommend travel insurance.
- We are all about traveling, however each participant needs to attend the full training that they begin with. This ensures cohesion between the training groups, your teachers, and your group leader. It also affects your online homework which we specifically tailor to fit week 1 and 2. We would hate for you to fall behind!
Our 200HR YTT is too hands-on and intensive to offer as a full online training – therefore, as of now it must be completed in-person.
The Yoga Medicine® 500HR certification program is comprised of the 200HR certificate prerequisite and 300 hours in advanced trainings completed with Yoga Medicine®. The 300 hours are accomplished with 290 hours earned through in-person and online trainings. Each participant is encouraged to choose a combination of modules and/or immersions which best fits their personal preferences of training focus, timing, and travel. The remaining 10 hours are achieved by conducting 1 case study for 3 trainings (either modules or immersions) of your choosing that you apply towards your 500-hour. For more information on the modules and immersions click here or visit the program calendar.
- The fees for advanced training courses vary upon the type. In our week-long trainings that are hosted at a retreat center, the fees include training tuition, accommodations for the duration of the training, and 3 healthy meals per day. Airfare and transportation to/from the retreat center are not included. We highly recommend travel insurance. We also offer urban trainings that are hosted at event venues – the fees include training tuition and supplies only. Travel, accommodations, meals, etc. are self-organized.
- We also offer shorter 4-5 day yoga teacher trainings at yoga studios, universities, or other urban venues. Your fee for these courses will cover your training tuition and supplies only. Travel, accommodations, meals, etc. are self-organized.
- For our online trainings that can be completed from the comfort of your home, your fee covers the training tuition and digital manual only.
- Yoga Medicine®’s 500-hour program allows teachers to support their own development in whatever direction they choose. However, here is our recommended core curriculum for the 500-hour program, which can be completed in any order:
- Hip: Anatomy, Dysfunction, and Application
- Shoulder: Anatomy, Dysfunction, and Application
- Spine: Anatomy, Dysfunction, and Application
- Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Myofascial Release
- We love the idea of offering scholarships in hopes of supporting our community. Any promotions, discounts or scholarships will be announced through our newsletters, so make sure you are subscribed so you don’t miss out on those promotional opportunities. You can also contact us at email@example.com for more information.
We are so glad you’ll be joining us for a training! As the training gets closer, you will receive automated email reminders for upcoming payments. If you wish to make your final payment sooner than that, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a private link to pay your balance.
Unfortunately, deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. After the final payment date, which is always stated on each training’s event page and on your course enrollment details, the payment is also non-refundable and non-transferable. This is because Yoga Medicine® is required to make payments to the venue or retreat center that are non-refundable at this point in time. We appreciate your understanding of our cancellation policy, which is always stated on each training’s event page.
Now that you have completed the required hours of advanced teacher training, it is time to complete your case studies. The case studies are a way for you to fortify what you learned during the course by implementing the concepts with your private clients and students. The case studies are designed to be a one-on-one interaction where you apply the curriculum you studied to a client dealing with relatable issues. Our 500hr requirement policy changed January 1, 2020. Please see below for more information on the policy you fall under.
500hr requirements for those who started prior to January 1, 2020:
You are required to complete 270 hours in advanced trainings and 30 hours in case studies. Click here to view the Case Study Guidelines.
500hr requirements for those who started after January 1, 2020:
You are required to complete 290 hours in advanced trainings and 10 hours in case studies. Click here to view the Case Study Guidelines.
Our online yoga courses are designed to allow you to continue your education from the convenience of your own computer. These online yoga courses are open to anyone and can be used for general learning, continuing education for teachers or for credit hours in Yoga Medicine®’s 500HR or 1000HR yoga teacher training.
500HR and 1000HR yoga teacher training students can document and include hours from many of Yoga Medicine®’s online yoga courses. View our vast collection of online courses here, and click on each online yoga course for a detailed description and the hours received for teachers. Please note that some online yoga courses are not eligible for hours towards the 500HR or 1000HR yoga teacher trainings. The courses eligible for accredited hours include an online quiz that you must pass in order to receive the allotted hours.
A maximum of 20 hours from online courses can be applied towards your 500-hour certification, and a maximum of 50 hours from online courses can be applied towards your 1000-hour certification. *Due to COVID-19, all in-person trainings that are transitioned to online trainings will still count as the full “contact” hours towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine® certification.
After purchasing your online course, you should have received a confirmation email from us with your login details to access your course. We apologize if you are having issues accessing your course. Sometimes these emails can get caught in spam filters. We recommend adding email@example.com to your contact list which ensures that Yoga Medicine® emails land in your inbox. If you are still having trouble accessing your course, fill in the ‘Contact Us’ form and we will be back to you as soon as we can.
The CEU hours vary per course. Click here to browse our course selection and you’ll find each course’s CEU hours listed in the course description. Not all courses are eligible for continuing education hours.
These courses are partner-hosted by Yoga International and/or Udemy, so they personally handle your enrollment, your account, payments, etc. Because of this, these online courses will not be displayed on your Yoga Medicine® portal but rather on your account with either Yoga International or Udemy. Please contact their Customer Support if you are having issues with accessing your courses.
We’d love to hear from you! Please fill out the Contact Us form below and we’ll be in touch.
Can’t find the answer to your question?
Get in touch here and we will get back to you soon.