RETREAT DATES: APRIL 24-27, 2023
The full training, including all lectures & dissections, will take place at:
Laboratories of Anatomical Enlightenment (LAE)
5401 Western Ave
Boulder, CO 80301
ARRIVAL: Please arrive in time to attend the first group training beginning with a pre-dissection lecture at 9am on April 24th.
DEPARTURE: We complete the training on April 27th with a post-dissection lecture from 2-5pm.Say Hello & Introduce Yourself Rideshare
Frequently Asked Questions
General Travel Notes
- When booking flights, please keep in mind that the training consists of full days beginning at 9am on April 24th and ending on April 27th at 5pm. The daily times are approximately 9am-5pm, so we advise planning your travel itinerary carefully to ensure you do not miss out on any valuable lab time. All of the lab times and lectures count towards your required hours. Please consult the attendance policy on required training participation for accreditation.
- Click here for directions to LAE & checkout this local guide of Boulder, CO.
- The closest airport is Denver International Airport. Transportation to city-center is available on public transportation (train or buses), city cabs, or rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from Boulder, CO, USA. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board within a private forum just for this event. Scroll up to say hello & introduce yourself to fellow attendees.
Preparation & Packing
Please click on each link to access these files to help you prepare for the Cadaver Lab. You will need to review these documents before the training.
- Cadaver Lab 2023 Overview & Required Materials – contains your required supplies list as well suggested products from Tiffany Cruikshank
- L.A.E. Hold Harmless Form – please bring a printed and signed copy with you
Other Important Notes:
- In the Cadaver Lab Overview document, we have provided a list of conveniently located hotel accommodations; you are free to choose whatever type of accommodation you wish. Travel, accommodation, and airport transfers are not included in this training.
- Also not included in the training are meals, participants are responsible for the coordination of their own meals. We recommend packing light snacks each day, and we will have a 1-hour break each day so you have plenty of time to walk to nearby restaurants for lunch. Here are some recommendations for both lunch and dinner!
- This immersion contains no yoga practice – this is strictly a dissection and anatomy focused training.
- We will be on our feet most of the day in the dissection, so make sure you have comfortable clothes and shoes, and bring layers as it can get cold in there
You are not required to have dissection experience; this class will be an exploratory investigation. You will be split up in to groups of 8-10 people to a cadaver and as a group you will each dissect an area of the body. We will come together as a group to observe learning points that are helpful along the way but a large part of this module is the process of experiencing the layers of the human form. You will need to be completely committed to what is a challenging and meticulous process as well as to be considerate of others, your surroundings and the donor to carry a positive intention within this experience.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in white lab coats!