TRAINING DATES: SEPTEMBER 18-23, 2023
The full training will take place at:
310 E 3rd St
Austin, TX 78701
ARRIVAL: Please arrive in time to attend the first asana practice at 7am on September 18th.
DEPARTURE: We complete the training an hour earlier on September 23rd with an evening lecture from 3-5pm.
Anticipated Daily Schedule:
- 7-9am: Asana Practice
- 9-10am: Break
- 10am-1pm: Lecture
- 1-3pm: Break
- 3-6pm: Lecture & Therapeutic Mini-Practice
- 30-60 Minutes of Review/Homework
Frequently Asked Questions
General Travel Information:
- When booking flights, please keep in mind that the training consists of full days beginning at 7am on September 18th and ending an hour earlier on September 23rd at 5pm. The typical daily times are approximately 7am-6pm, so we advise planning your travel itinerary carefully to ensure you do not miss out on any valuable training time. All of the practices and lectures count towards your required hours. Please consult the attendance policy on required training participation for accreditation.
- Checkout this local guide of Austin, TX.
- The closest airport is Austin-Bergstrom International Airport. Transportation to city-center is available on public transportation (train or buses), city cabs, or rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from Austin, TX, USA. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board within a private forum just for this event. Scroll up to say hello & introduce yourself to fellow attendees.
Preparation & Packing
- It would be beneficial to review the complimentary courses: Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation in a Therapeutic Setting and Recognizing Red Flags in a Therapeutic Yoga Setting.
- Please pack the following props as they will not be provided for this training:
- Notebook & pen – we will provide a manual with images and text with minimal space on each page. If you are a keen notetaker, please bring an extra notepad – the manuals are sparse on space.
- Don’t forget to pack a water bottle & comfortable clothing for this training.
- Click here for packing tips from a veteran teacher with Yoga Medicine!
- Participants are responsible for the coordination of their own meals. Since this training is located in the Convention Center & Historic Sixth Street Districts of Austin, we will have a 1-hour breakfast break and 2-hour lunch break each day to give you time to stroll to an array of nearby coffee shops, bistros, healthy cafes & diners. Each day will wrap up in time for dinner so you will have the evening to experience Austin’s charm.
Travel & Accommodations
- Travel, accommodation, and airport transfers are not included in this training; you are free to choose whatever type of accommodation you wish. Here is an option that we have organized for this training’s group:
Residence Inn Austin Downtown | 300 E 4th St, Austin, TX 78701
- 2min drive/3min walk to The Sunset Room
- The Residence Inn is offering a discounted nightly rate for our participants – $259/night + taxes/fees including access to their hot breakfast buffet, based upon availability, and is good for 1 day pre/post the event.
- Must book by Sunday, August 27, 2023 to receive the discounted nightly rate.
- To make reservations:
- Reserve Online: Click here to book online and receive the discounted group rate.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Austin!