TRAINING DATES: MAY 11-18, 2024
The full training will take place at:
Suryalila Retreat Center
Pago de Pajarete
Please arrive in time to attend the first group dinner at 7pm on May 11th followed by a brief orientation at 8pm. Check in is available from 3pm.
We complete the training on May 18th with a morning practice at 7-8:30am followed by breakfast. Please be ready to check out of your room by 11am.
*Please note your attendance is required at practice and lectures, including the morning practice on May 18th. All of the practices and lectures count towards your required hours and we request that your travel allows you to be present for the entire duration of the training. Click here to review the attendance policy. If you have a conflict with the schedule, email email@example.com in advance for special arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read Suryalila’s directions and FAQs.
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from Spain. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance. As a reference letter to help you through a country’s customs, you can refer to your payment confirmation email you received from Yoga Medicine when you registered for this training.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Here’s travel information, you can fly into one of these three airports:
- Seville (recommended)
- Jerez de la Frontera
- If you wish to ride the bus from the airport, you can do so by getting the shuttle into Seville/Jerez/Malaga from the airport and then bus out to Villamartin.
- You can arrange your transfers and get more information on our transfers page.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board for this training. Please click the “Rideshare” button above to coordinate transportation with your fellow attendees. You can also say hello to your fellow attendees via the “Say Hello & Introduce Yourself” button above.
- Want to extend your stay or arrive early to avoid jetlag? For those who are traveling from afar and wish to extend their stay before/after the module, please contact the Suryalila Reservation Team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Before the training please review the following online courses: Conducting a Therapeutic Evaluation and Recognizing Red Flags in a Therapeutic Yoga Setting. Both of these courses are complimentary to teachers enrolled in the 500/1000hr programs. To access this complimentary curriculum, simply return to the courses section while logged into your Yoga Medicine account.
- The facilities come with a range of props (mats, blocks, bolsters and straps). But please pack the following props:
- You will also receive a complimentary MFR toolkit with an assortment of MFR balls at this training, so no need to pack your own. Although you can still bring your own personal MFR kit if you wish.
- Pack a swim suit for the sauna and pool.
- Notebook & pen – we will provide a manual with images and text with minimal space on each page. If you are a keen notetaker, please bring an extra notepad – the manuals are sparse on space.
- Don’t forget to pack a water bottle & comfortable clothing for this training.
- Please note that Suryalila’s menu is organic, locally sourced, and vegetarian. Their chef will accommodate various dietary preferences (GF, vegan, etc.) with the exception of incorporating animal protein. Ensure that you provide us with this information in advance!
- Check out Suryalila’s packing recommendations & FAQ – click here!
- Click here for packing tips from a veteran teacher with Yoga Medicine!
- 7-9am – Asana
- 9-10am – Breakfast
- 10am-1pm – Lecture & Interactive Sessions
- 1-3pm – Lunch Break
- 3-6pm – Lecture & Interactive Sessions
- 7-8pm – Dinner
- 8-9pm Homework
- The Suryalila Retreat Center has a highly trained and insured massage therapist in residence – click here for details on the massage treatments. While your days are busy with training, you may wish to schedule a massage therapy treatment during the afternoon break or evening. You can book your massage at the reception during your stay or email Suryalila to pre-book at email@example.com.
- Enjoy efficient access to the internet via Suryalila’s WiFi network throughout the property (not suitable for large file transfers, video streaming or long Skype calls). We highly recommend using this training as an opportunity to digitally detox. 🙂
- This yoga teacher training counts as 50 hours towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine certification. Directly following the yoga teacher training you will be invited to take an online exam to receive your certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Spain next May!