TRAINING DATES: NOVEMBER 5-10, 2023
The full training will take place at:
Marina Village Conference Center
1936 Quivira Way
San Diego, CA, 92109
ARRIVAL: Please arrive in time to attend the first asana practice at 7am on November 5th.
DEPARTURE: We complete the training an hour earlier on November 10th with an evening lecture from 3-5pm.
Anticipated Daily Schedule:
- 7-9am: Asana Practice
- 9-10am: Break
- 10am-1pm: Lecture
- 1-3pm: Break
- 3-6pm: Lecture & Therapeutic Mini-Practice
- 30-60 Minutes of Review/Homework
Frequently Asked Questions
General Travel Information:
- When booking flights, please keep in mind that the training consists of full days beginning at 7am on November 5th and ending an hour earlier on November 10th at 5pm. The typical daily times are approximately 7am-6pm, so we advise planning your travel itinerary carefully to ensure you do not miss out on any valuable training time. All of the practices and lectures count towards your required hours. Please consult the attendance policy on required training participation for accreditation.
- Click here for directions to Marina Village and checkout this local guide of San Diego, CA.
- The closest airport is San Diego International Airport. Transportation to the marina is available on public transportation (train or buses), city cabs, or rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from San Diego, CA, USA. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board within a private forum just for this event. Scroll up to say hello & introduce yourself to fellow attendees.
Preparation & Packing
- Before the training, it is recommended to review the spine muscle groups with their origin and insertion. However, this will also be covered in the training.
- It would be beneficial to review the complimentary courses: Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation in a Therapeutic Setting and Recognizing Red Flags in a Therapeutic Yoga Setting.
- Please pack the following props as they will not be provided for this training:
- Notebook & pen – we will provide a manual with images and text with minimal space on each page. If you are a keen notetaker, please bring an extra notepad – the manuals are sparse on space.
- Don’t forget to pack a water bottle & comfortable clothing for this training.
- Click here for packing tips from a veteran teacher with Yoga Medicine!
- Participants are responsible for the coordination of their own meals. Since this training is located in the Mission Bay Channel, we will have a 1-hour breakfast break and 2-hour lunch break each day to give you time to stroll to an array of nearby coffee shops, delis, and restaurants. Each day will wrap up in time for dinner so you will have the evening to experience San Diego’s charm.
Travel & Accommodations
- Travel, accommodation, and airport transfers are not included in this training; you are free to choose whatever type of accommodation you wish. Here is an option that we have organized for this training’s group:
The Dana on Mission Bay | 1710 W Mission Bay Drive, San Diego, California 92109
- 2min drive/12min walk to Marina Village Conference Center
- The Dana on Mission Bay is offering a discounted nightly rate for our participants – 15% off their best available rate at the time of booking, based upon availability, and is good for 3 days pre/post the event.
- To make reservations:
- By Phone: Guests may call our Reservations Department at 800-445-3339 and mention being a part of the Yoga Medicine to receive the discounted group rate.
- Online Reservations: Click here to book online and receive the discounted group rate.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in San Diego!