RETREAT DATES: MARCH 27-30, 2023
The full training will take place at:
Union Station Charleston
652A King St
Charleston, SC 29403
ARRIVAL: Please arrive in time to attend the first asana practice at 9am on March 27th.
DEPARTURE: We complete the training on March 30th with an afternoon lecture from 1-5pm.
Anticipated Daily Schedule:
- 9-11am – Asana
- 11am – 1pm – Break (on your own – explore Charleston!)
- 1-5pm – Lecture
- 30-60 Minutes of Review/Homework
Frequently Asked Questions
General Travel Information:
- When booking flights, please keep in mind that the training consists of full days beginning at 9am on March 27th and ending on March 30th at 5pm. The daily times are approximately 9am-5pm, so we advise planning your travel itinerary carefully to ensure you do not miss out on any valuable training time. All of the practices and lectures count towards your required hours. Please consult the attendance policy on required training participation for accreditation.
- Click here for directions to Union Station Charleston & checkout this local guide of Charleston, SC.
- The closest airport is Charleston International Airport. Transportation to city-center is available on public transportation (train or buses), city cabs, or rideshare (Uber, Lyft, etc.).
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from Charleston, SC, USA. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board within a private forum just for this event. Scroll up to say hello & introduce yourself to fellow attendees.
Preparation & Packing
- Before the training, it is recommended to read chapters 1 & 2 of the book, Voices of Qi.
- It would be beneficial to review the complimentary courses: Conducting a Comprehensive Evaluation in a Therapeutic Setting and Recognizing Red Flags in a Therapeutic Yoga Setting.
- Please pack the following props as they will not be provided for this training:
- 1 mat
- 1 blanket or large towel
- 1 strap
- 2 tennis balls or MFR balls (Recovery Rounds)
- (optional) 1-2 blocks – normal size is 4x6x9
- (optional) bolster or any additional props that you want for savasana & meditation
- Notebook & pen – we will provide a manual with images and text with minimal space on each page. If you are a keen notetaker, please bring an extra notepad – the manuals are sparse on space.
- Don’t forget to pack a water bottle & comfortable clothing for this training.
- Click here for packing tips from a veteran teacher with Yoga Medicine!
- Travel, accommodation, and airport transfers are not included in this training; you are free to choose whatever type of accommodation you wish.
- Participants are responsible for the coordination of their own meals. Since this training is located in the iconic Historic District in Charleston, we will have 2-hour lunch breaks to give you time to stroll to array of nearby bistros, healthy cafes & diners for lunch. Each day will wrap up in time for dinner so you will have the evening to experience Charleston’s charm.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at email@example.com.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Charleston!