TRAINING DATES: OCTOBER 13-20, 2024
The full training will take place at:
Drala Mountain Center
Sacred Studies Hall
151 Shambhala Way
Red Feather Lakes, CO 80545
Please arrive in time to attend the first group dinner at 7pm on October 13th followed by a brief orientation at 8pm. Check in is available from 2-5pm.
We complete the training on October 20th with a morning practice at 8-9am followed by breakfast. Please be ready to check out of your room by 9am – you are welcome to leave your packed luggage in the room or in / near your program space.
*Please note your attendance is required at practice and lectures, although the morning practice on October 20th is optional. All of the practices and lectures count towards your required hours and we request that your travel allows you to be present for the entire duration of the training. Click here to review the attendance policy. If you have a conflict with the schedule, email email@example.com in advance for special arrangements.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Read DMC’s Driving Directions and Visitor’s Guide.
- Please check if you need updated travel visas/documents, vaccinations, medical notes for your medication or any other requirements for traveling to/from the United States. These arrangements are your responsibility to arrange in advance. As a reference letter to help you through a country’s customs, you can refer to your payment confirmation email you received from Yoga Medicine when you registered for this training.
- It is recommended that participants acquire travel insurance for self-protection in case of illness, injury or weather disruptions that prevent them from attending.
- Here’s travel information, the nearest airport is Denver International Airport (DEN).
- Guest registration is from 2-5 p.m. on the training’s start date (October 13th). All participants must check-in at the Guest Service cabin upon arrival on the land. Rooms are typically available by 2:00 p.m. Please arrive early enough to allow time to check-in and settle into your accommodations. Guest Services closes at 5:00 p.m. If you are arriving after 5:00 p.m., your room access key, name tag, land map and program schedule will be left in an envelope in a wire basket to the right of the Guest Services entrance.
- Because each of you will need to source your own transportation, we have created a discussion board for this training. Please click the “Rideshare” button above to coordinate transportation with your fellow attendees. You can also say hello to your fellow attendees via the “Say Hello & Introduce Yourself” button above.
- DMC also provides their own rideshare on their site that you are welcome to use.
- Click here to view a map of DMC’s grounds.
- If you have not taken the Chinese Medicine module or immersion previously, you will need to read chapters 1 and 2 of the book, Voices of Qi, prior to attending.
- Before the training please review the following online courses: Conducting a Therapeutic Evaluation and Recognizing Red Flags in a Therapeutic Yoga Setting. Both of these courses are complimentary to teachers enrolled in the 500/1000hr programs. To access this complimentary curriculum, simply return to the Courses & Trainings page on your Yoga Medicine account.
- The facilities come with a range of props (mats, blocks, straps, blankets, padded chairs, and meditation cushions). But please pack the following props:
- 2 tennis balls or myofascial release balls (Recovery Rounds) – this training may include fascial release work, at the time and discretion of the facilitators. Make sure that you pack two of the same size.
- any additional props that you require
- Notebook & pen – we will provide a manual with images and text with minimal space on each page. If you are a keen notetaker, please bring an extra notepad – the manuals are sparse on space.
- Don’t forget to pack a water bottle & comfortable clothing for this training.
- DMC provides linens & soap – bring your own toiletries.
- Please note that DMC provides three meal options: Omnivore, Vegetarian, and Vegan/Wheat-Free. Their chef will accommodate these three dietary preferences, but cannot accommodate special dietary needs beyond these three options. Ensure that you provide us with this information in advance!
- Check out DMC’s prepping recommendations – click here!
- Click here for packing tips from a veteran teacher with Yoga Medicine!
- Rising among wooded hillsides, The Great Stupa of Dharmakaya crowns a meadow at the upper end of Drala Mountain Center’s main valley. Standing 108 feet tall, it is one of the most significant examples of sacred Buddhist architecture in North America. Built in honor of the Center’s founder, Chögyam Trungpa Rinpoche, the Great Stupa of Dharmakaya serves as an inspiration for peace and compassion. Be sure to visit the stupa during your free time at DMC!
- Internet access via Wi-Fi is available in the Lodge buildings. Please note that DMC’s internet access is limited and shared between all guests and staff; therefore please be mindful of your internet usage. We highly recommend using this training as an opportunity to digitally detox. 🙂
- 7-9am – Asana & Meditation
- 9-10am – Breakfast
- 10am-1pm – Lecture & Interactive Learning
- 1-3pm – Lunch Break
- 3-6pm – Lecture & Interactive Learning
- 7-8pm – Dinner
- This yoga teacher training counts as 50 hours towards your 500-hour/1000-hour Yoga Medicine certification. Directly following the yoga teacher training you will be invited to take an online exam to receive your certificate of completion.
If you have any questions about your upcoming training, please contact Katie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you and we look forward to seeing you in Colorado this Fall!