- A foundational framework to Ayurveda’s three doshas.
- How the balance and imbalances of doshas affect the holistic body.
- How to use your yoga practice to pacify Vata, Pitta, and then clear Kapha imbalances.
Ayurveda – Yoga for the Doshas Online Course
Ayurveda is one of the world’s oldest holistic healing systems and widely called “the sister science of yoga.” In the Ayurvedic framework, it is believed that five basic elements make up each person’s constitution in a unique mix of space, air, fire, water, and earth. The combination of these elements within the human body forms three life forces or energies, called doshas. Doshas control how your body works.
This course is for anyone interested in learning more about the Doshas through an Ayurvedic lens. Through lectures, we will discuss the three doshas – Vata, Pitta, and Kapha – then we’ll investigate the physicality of the doshas in asana practices tailored to each dosha. You will learn how to apply yoga for pacifying Vata, Pitta, and then clearing Kapha. The practices are not meant to cure any disease, but instead, are meant to deepen your understanding of the doshas and how you can work towards balance.
The following are optional for the practice component of this course: a yoga mat, 1-2 yoga blocks, a blanket.
- Course length: 4.5 hours of online lecture/training videos including 3 guided yoga practices.
- An informative course handout available for download.
- This course is not eligible for any hours of continuing education hours with Yoga Medicine® and/or Yoga Alliance.
- This course is available on-demand and does not expire, so you can always return to practice and revisit the material to deepen your understanding over time.
- What are doshas.
- How doshas constitute a unique framework to understand yourself on a physical and emotional level.
- How to weave your understanding of doshas into a yoga practice.
- Give insight into adaptations to include in your personal practice which can also be incorporated into group classes or your private client sessions.
About The Teacher
Cristina Kuhn is a Yoga Medicine® Therapeutic Specialist, 500-hour Kripalu Yoga Teacher, a Reiki Master, an Ayurvedic Health Counselor, and a mother of three. She began her studies in Ayurveda after she received a diagnosis of Multiple Sclerosis in 2011 and she now works privately with others who have autoimmune diseases, injuries, and mental health issues, with the goal of supporting their best selves at that moment.