- A yoga block and two balls of the same size, roughly the size of a tennis or racketball. MFR balls are helpful, but not essential.
- Optional yet useful: blanket or towel.
Myofascial Release Bundle for the Legs & Feet, Hips, Neck & Shoulders Online Course
The Myofascial Release Bundle begins with an intro to the fascia as well as some background on myofascial release for yoga students or teachers. Myofascial release techniques can be a very helpful adjunct to a yoga practice to help with range of motion, injuries, scar tissue, tension, muscle recovery (for athletes) or muscle function. In this course, you will learn how to use self-myofascial release techniques, what to avoid, and the benefits of this self-care work. Then you will be guided through specific techniques that you can utilize anytime.
This course is suitable for anyone, all levels of yoga as well as novices.
- Props needed would include: 2 yoga chairs (with back removed), 1 sandbag, 2 blankets (minimum) or 4 blankets (ideal), two 4” yoga blocks (preferably cork), 2 10” yoga straps, 2 bolsters (minimum) while 4 is desirable.
- Foundational knowledge in anatomy, restorative yoga, yin yoga and chair yoga will be helpful, but not required to complete this course.
- An introduction to myofascial release.
- 3 separate instructional videos on techniques and application of myofascial release to the:
- legs and feet
- neck and shoulders
- This program can be used for shorter or longer durations, simply stop, fast forward or use only what seems most helpful.
- This course is designed so you can apply the information in the intro to personalize the duration, frequency, and techniques for your body.
- This course is suitable for anyone — those new to yoga as well as yoga teachers!
- This course is not eligible for any hours of continuing education hours with Yoga Medicine® and/or Yoga Alliance.
- This course is available on-demand and does not expire, so you can always return to practice and revisit the material to deepen your understanding over time.
- How to integrate MFR into your yoga practice and/or your daily routine.
- MFR techniques that you can utilize anywhere, every day.
About The Teacher
Tiffany Cruikshank is the founder of Yoga Medicine®. She has been teaching for over 25 years, has a pre-med Bachelor’s degree in Medicinal Plant Biology, and a Masters in Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (MAOM) with a specialty in Sports Medicine and Orthopedics. Tiffany was previously the Acupuncturist and Yoga Teacher at the Nike World Headquarters in Portland, Oregon, and has worked with over 25,000 patients.