The Mental Health & Wellness training kicks off with a deeper look at the biological and environmental factors that make us ‘the way we are.’ We’ll examine the research behind how nature and nurture shape our unique mental health and the foundations of how learning and cognitive development shape our perceptions as it relates to mental health, and the common stressors that lead to psychological difficulties, including but not limited to: depression, anxiety, trauma and addiction.
- An in-depth look at the science and therapeutic theory behind psychological health and wellness
- Interactive exercises and case studies to integrate the material
- The application of yoga and related approaches to work with and troubleshoot a variety of mental wellness ailments that may arise with yoga students and private clients
PLUS, a variety of more nuanced and complex topics, including:
- The effects of meditation and movement on the brain, and ways to improve mental fitness, adaptability and resilience through yoga
- Effective strategies to navigate stress and the resulting inflammation
- The biology of behavior and emotion (i.e. genetics, epigenetics, neuroscience)
- The lens of arousal and how experiences affect anxiety
- Characteristics of trauma, how yoga practices can be supportive, and sensitivity tips to skillfully teach a trauma-informed approach
- Cognitions, nerve cells and signaling, and how learning shapes us
- Positive psychology, and strategies to powerfully support individual differences in mental health
- TCM theory to individualize practices for common mental health issues
- Acupressure points to support mental wellness
- … and much more!