By Namita Nayyar for Women Fitness.
Social media has blasted all over our screens in the past few years, and now more than ever people are coming out, sharing their journeys and inspiring others. With so many health & fitness influencers working day and night to bring to you the best of workouts, diet and nutrition, Women Fitness thought of bringing a close to the year with the Best Health & Fitness Influencers of 2018 – and our very own Tiffany Cruikshank was ranked as #14 on the list! Check out some of her favourite things related to health and fitness along with her goals for next year!
Tiffany Cruikshank – Lac, MAOM, E-RYT and Founder of Yoga Medicine®.
1. Favourite Exercise
2. Favourite Health Foods
Watercress, avocado, collagen powder, but for me whole foods and variety are the most important. It’s easy to get stuck in a rut and miss out on important nutrients even with really health foods.
3. Favourite 2018 Social Media Memory
Our wedding video! I love the quote at the beginning by our officiant, it was so perfectly stated and such a great timely reminder – “despite our differences, love is what we all share. Its the great unifier, our one universal truth. No matter who we are, we all know this one thing – love is what we’re doing right!”
4. One 2019 Fitness Goal
I’m obsessed with fascial fitness so I’ve been playing with new ways to train my fascia using yoga, myofascial release and other exercise tools. With so much fascia research finally coming to light and a new anatomical understanding of the body reminding us that most strenuous (athletic) injuries are fascial issues, I’m confident fascial fitness will be the cutting edge of sports medicine over the next 5-10 years. It’s the missing link to so many injuries and the key to injury prevention!
5. 3 Apps That You Use The Most
- YogaGlo (one stop for great yoga and meditation classes with so many well respected teachers)
- Enso (my favorite meditation app for those who have a regular meditation practice, for those new to meditation go to YogaGlo for guided meditations)
- Sunbasket (my favorite healthy food delivery service, you can pick your meals each week on their app and they are absolutely delicious!! Perfect for the busy, health conscious consumer.)
You can view the rest of the top 20 Best Health & Fitness Influencers of 2018 on Women Fitness’s website – click here.