As the year comes to a close, hosts Tiffany, Rachel, and Katja take a look back at some of their top takeaways from the first year of the Yoga Medicine Podcast.
After 52 episodes—sharing information at the intersection of science and research, individual experience, and traditional practices that have stood the test of time—the three hosts share their favorite topics, guests and episodes, as well as their thoughts on repeated themes that have emerged.
“You are the only one who really knows, who lives in your body and knows that experience, so you are your own best teacher.” – Tiffany Cruikshank
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ON APPLE PODCASTS. AND BE SURE TO LEAVE US A RATING AND REVIEW!
“Just because there is no study on this doesn’t necessarily mean it is any less true.” – Katja Bartsch
- Opportunities to connect with our community and receive feedback [3:18]
- The joy of researching to prepare for each topic [4:55]
- De-bunking myths and misconceptions [6:39]
- Favorite episodes of the podcast so far [9:38]
- Curating a balance of evidence-based and personal or experiential approaches [17:31]
- Curiosity as the most central repeated theme of the podcast so far [21:21]
- Frequency over duration: the power of consistency [25:27]
- Key areas where small changes lead to big outcomes eg sleep, stress management [29:31]
- Simple is potent [31:41]
- The power of perception, intention and the language we use [32:23]
- Individual variation and the magic of listening [34:57]
- “From one rabbit hole to another”: final thoughts and future episodes [39:24]
“The podcasts always offer a really wide range of perspectives for people to draw from as opposed to saying this is how it is.” – Rachel Land