Most of us have a complicated relationship with social media, but it can be a powerful business tool if we learn how to harness it effectively.
Today host Rachel talks social media marketing with returning guest Dana Diament, a yoga teacher and graphic designer with years of experience in branding. Dana creates clarity around social media communication by prompting us all to ask ourselves exactly who are we talking to, and what key themes we aim to convey. Whether your challenge is to identify your student niche or shift to a new one, or find an easier way to determine what to post and when, Dana has simple, practical advice for you.
Listen in to learn how to build an effective online community, whether you are a new yoga teacher or a veteran still searching for your groove.
“If you’re unclear about what it is you do and how you help people, then people are going to keep scrolling.” – Dana Diament
YOU CAN SUBSCRIBE AND LISTEN TO THE PODCAST ON APPLE PODCASTS. AND BE SURE TO LEAVE US A RATING AND REVIEW!
“They are going to understand that you are for them based on that problem that you solve.” – Dana Diament
- The insatiable pressure to post [3:05]
- Niche: who are you talking to? [4:01]
- How a need-driven niche helps [7:40]
- Why you need a niche (hint: you aren’t actually for everyone) [14:33]
- Advice for new yoga teachers: finding a niche or changing niche [17:23]
- When in doubt, ask your students [28:04]
- Content pillars: a framework for social media content [35:33]
- Practical examples of content pillars [39:05]
- How content pillars facilitate a marketing schedule [46:40]
- Tips for getting started [58:54]
- Watch this episode on YouTube
- Marketing for Yoga Teachers Online Course
- Yoga Medicine Podcast Episode 82: Building a Healthy Relationship with Social Media
- Previous episodes with Dana Diament:
- Connect with Dana Diament:
“The more that you post, the more that you get that data on what works for you and what works for your audience, and then you can refine as you go.” – Dana Diament